From year 2013 CEED has changed its examination pattern. Now the examination is conducted in three stages
1. Part - A
2. Part - B
Part A is a preliminary screening test. There are about 50 questions
in this part having negative marking. Correct answers carries +2.0 marks and wrong answers carries -0.5 marks (negative). All questions in this part checks general knowledge and awareness. Part B is evaluated for those candidates who are short listed in screening
test (Part A). All question in this part examines the drawing and creative skills of the candidate. The first two parts is mandatory and the Interview is carried for those who clear both Part - A and Part - B.
Part - A Covers the
1. Visual Communication - this includes Logo's, signage, advertising, packaging, fonts etc.
2. Animation Design - includes Movement observation, comic strips, visuals etc.
3. Product Design - that covers Latest
and newest products and trends, current products etc.
4. Automobile Design - that relates to Aesthetics, manufacturers and plants etc.
5. Digital (applied to almost all the fields) - which relates to Photography, color coding, displays, printing
6. Observation and visualization (Basic designer skill) - something like Mirroring, textures, evolution (past to present), isometrics and geometry, tessellations, shadows and more.
7. Architecture - that covers Sculpture, monuments, materials
8. General awareness - which includes Engineering ability, materials, culture of the country, famous personalities and their works, instruments, animals etc.
Part - B Comprises of the following categories
and visual sketching - that might include objective, perceptive and imaginative types
2. Observation, problem Identification and problem solving
3. Design think-ability - that relates mostly to the design streams like product/Industrial, Interaction
Design and User Interface Design
4. Visual communication design in the form of posters, logo
5. Animation design in the form of comic strips, character framing etc
Those who clear Part-A and Part-B are required to prepare Portfolio to
produce during the interview.
CEED qualified candidate can apply for the following programmes in designing in IIT's UPES and IISc, Bangalore :-
of Design programmes (MDes, M.Des. or M.Design)
IISc, Bangalore - M.Des. in Product design and Engineering
IIT Bombay - M.Des. in (a)Industrial design, (b)Visual Communication, (c)Animation, (d)Interaction Design, (e)Mobility and vehicle Design.
IIT Delhi - M.Des. in Industrial Design
IIT Guwahati - M.Des. in Design
IIT Kanpur - M.Des. in Industrial Design
IIITDM Jabalpur -M.Des. in Design
School of Design Studies- UPES Dehradun - M.Des. in (a)Industrial design,
(b)Product Design, (c)Interior Design, (d)Transportation Design
(b)Ph.D Programmes in Design
IISc Bangalore and IIT Bombay